Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil
Heart Health Essential Omega III is a superior product due to a number of factors. The best fish is used to produce a clean and safe product that is rich in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Heart Health Essential Omega III comes from small fish rather than large fish which are more likely to accumulate toxins. Heart Health Essential Omega III provides a high quality, high purity product with significant percentages of the health promoting EPA and DHA. Supplementing with omega-3s offers a natural way to improve and support many functions within the body that promote overall health. These fatty acids are an essential, integral part of what will keep our minds and bodies functioning efficiently and optimally for the rest of our lives.
The fish oil in Heart Health Essential Omega III comes from Peruvian anchovy. Not only do anchovies have a high omega III content, they also have high percentages of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Anchovies have a short lifecycle making them an ideal source of fish oil because they are less prone to accumulating environmental toxins that can be found in larger, longer-lived fish. Contaminants are generally extremely low in anchovies even before they go through an intense purification process.
In an article published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the effects of Omega-3 Fish oil supplementation was shown to be beneficial for healthy cardiac functioning. The study shows that supplementing with fish oil daily can rapidly raise the levels of EPA and DHA in cardiac tissue. This is important because both EPA and DHA have been shown to help maintain normal heart function. This study also showed an inverse relationship between EPA/DHA and arachidonic acid (AA), an omega-6 fatty acid. As EPA and DHA increased in atrial (heart tissue) phospholipids, AA decreased.1
Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil provides 900mg of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and 600mg of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) which studies have shown to be the most effective in promoting overall cardiovascular health. The fish oil used in Essential Omega III is tested for mercury, lead, PCB, and other heavy metals. We only use fish oil that meets or exceeds standards set by the European Union (EU), Canada (CFIA), and the United States (CRN). The manufacturer meets the requirements of Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 6.
An unhealthy diet of processed, high-calorie, high-fat foods, pollution, smoking and sedentary lifestyles all contribute to poor heart health. Not smoking, maintaining a healthy weight, eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains, exercising regularly and taking the right supplements can all contribute to promoting good cardiovascular health.
1. Metcalf, R., James, M., Gibson, A., Edwards, J., Subberfield, J., Stuklis, R., Roberts-Thomson, K., Young, G., and Cleland, L. Effects of fish-oil supplementation on myocardial fatty acids in humans. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition; May 2007; Volume 85; Issue 5
• EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart
• Each daily serving provides 3000 mg of fish oil to supply 900 mg of EPA and 600 mg of DHA. Beneficial effects are obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA according to the European Food Safety Authority’s Scientific Opinion.
Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil provides 900mg of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and 600mg of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) which studies have shown to be the most effective in promoting overall cardiovascular health. The fish oil used in Essential Omega III comes from small fish rather than large fish which are more likely to accumulate toxins and is tested for mercury, lead, PCB, and other heavy metals. We only use fish oil that meets or exceeds standards set by the European Union (EU), Canada (CFIA), and the United States (CRN). The manufacturer meets the requirements of Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 6.
Fish Body Oils [EPA 900 mg and DHA 600 mg]
Fish oils or marine oils, are lipids (fats) found in fish, particularly cold water fish like herring, anchovies, kipper, mackerel, menhaden, pilchard, salmon, sardine and trout, and phytoplankton. The source of fish oil in Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil is anchovies, tested by the manufacturer to be within safety limits for mercury lead, PCB and other heavy metals. Fish oils are rich sources of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexanenoic acid) are the two most studied fish oils. DHA is a necessary component of the phospholipids in human cellular membranes, especially those found in the brain and retina.
Omega-3 fatty acids compete metabolically with omega-6 fatty acids, found in higher amounts in typical western diets. Omega-6 fatty acids may inhibit the incorporation of omega-3 fatty acids into tissue lipids. Omega-3 fatty acids may inhibit the conversion of many omega-6 fatty acids into arachidonic acid. Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA corresponds with an increase of these fatty acids in cell membranes and circulatory lipids along with a simulataneous reduction in omega-6 fatty acids.
- Madsen T, Skou HA, et al, C-reactive protein, dietaryn-3 fatty acids, and the extent of coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol 88:1139-42 (2001)
- Rigelsky, JM, et al, Hawthorn: pharmacology and therapeutic uses. Am J Health Syst Pharm 59:417-22 (2002)
- Kris-Etherton PM, et al, fish consumption, fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids, and cardiovascular disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23(2):e20-e30 (2003)
- Morris, MC, Sacks F, Rosner B. Does fish oil lower blood pressure? A meta-analysis of controlled trials. Circulation 88(2):523-533 (19930
- Howe PR. Dietary fats and hypertension. Focus on fish oil. Ann NY Acad Sci 827:339-352 (1997)
- Morris MC, et al, The effect of fish oil on blood pressure in mild hypertensive subjects: a randomized crossover trial. Am J Clin Nutr 57(1):59-64 (1993)
- Knapp HR, FitzGerald GA. The antihypertensive effects of fish oil. A controlled study of polyunsaturated fatty acid supplements in essential hypertension. J Engl J Med 320(16):1037-1043 (1989)
- Bonaa, KH, et al, Effect of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids on blood pressure in hypertension. A population-based intervention trial from the Tromso study. N Engl J Med 322(12):795-801 (1990)
- Chan JK, et al, Dietary alpha-linolenic acid is as effective as oleic acid and linoleic acid in lowering blood cholesterol in normolipidemic men. Am J Clin Nutr 53(5):1230-1234 (1991)
- Nestel PJ. Fish oil attenuates the cholesterol induced rise in lipoprotein cholesterol. Am J Clin Nutr 43(5):752-757 (1986)
- Tsai PJ, Lu SC. Fish oil lowers plasma lipid concentrations and increases the susceptibility of low density lipoprotein to oxidative modification in healthy men. J Formos Med Assoc 96(9):718-726 (1997)
- Garrido A, et al, Ingestion of high doses of fish oil increases the susceptibility of cellular membranes to the induction of oxidative stress. Lipids 24(9):833-835 (1989)
Who Should Use This Product?
Anyone over the age of 18 who is interested in maintaining a healthy heart.
What is the minimum intake?
Beneficial effects are obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA according to the European Food Safety Authority’s Scientific Opinion. The World Health Organization recommends a daily EPA and DHA intake of 300 mg - 500 mg for overall health.
What are the directions for use?
Take 3 softgels once daily with 240 ml of water or as directed by your healthcare provider. Maximum absorption occurs when taken with a meal. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
What does lifestyle have to do with heart health?
There are simple, everyday things you can do to help maintain proper heart health. Among these are:
• Not smoking
• Maintaining a healthy height-to-weight ratio
• Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetable and whole grains
• Limiting the consumption of total and saturated fat
• Exercising regularly
• Working with your physician to monitor cholesterol, blood pressure, homocysteine and C-reactive protein levels
• Starting a complete nutritional supplementation program designed to help maintain proper cardiovascular health.
Is the fish oil tested for heavy metal contamination?
Yes. The fish oil used in Heart Health Essential Omega III is tested for arsenic, cadmium, lead and mercury. The fish oil must meet or exceed quality standards set by European Regulation 1881/2006 and the manufacturer conforms to EU Good Manufacturing Process requirements.
Is this product vegetarian?
No. This product contains gelatin and fish oils. Can you tell more about historical use of Omegas? Omega -3 fatty acids have been known to be nutritionally essential for human health and growth for over 80 years. Research shows that specific amounts of whole fish, fish oil, or fractionated fish oil (purified omega-3) are associated with health benefits. The best correlation of health benefits from fish products is related to their omega-3 fatty acid content, especially DHA and EPA.
After I have This Heart Health Essential Omega III, my mind focus better at work, my work quality has increased. Stress would not take hold of me as much as before. Due to its calming state of mind, it helps build a better team work and working relationship. Also I get more out of my reading and learning.
You don't put average oil in your car...!
If you have a heart--or a brain--a high quality fish oil is non-negotiable, even the AMA says so! Looking at so many claims out there and reading the fine print, there is a lot of scary stuff with fish oils. Being able to find one with good science, the right dosage and ratios of ingredients, from the right fish, that does not "burp up" (!) made this my number one for me and all my family. Love that there is a liquid for kids that tastes great!
Love my Heart Health Omega III with Vit E
I LOVE the Omega 3 by Market America because it is a super high quality and will not make you have that fishy burp, yuk!, The company goes to a great extent to take the mercury out and other heavy metals, in fact it is tested to be free of heavy metals. Every batch of fish oil is hand selected and tested prior to processing by our manufacturer and must pass more than 200 quality checks during the production process. It also contains 3000mg of fish oil where most other commercial products contain a third of the total fish oil contained in Heart Health Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E.
I had my regular checkup to monitor & maintain my health. "HEALTH is WEALTH!" My doctor found out that my Cholesterol is high . I'm not happy with the Doctor's prescription for my Cholesterol maintenance from pharmacy because the side effect of some back pain. I learned this HEART HEALTH ESSENTIAL OMEGA III FISH OIL with VITAMIN E when I attended the product presentation of Market America. After less than 3 months taking this product, I had my check up. The doctor asked me to stop my Cholesterol maintenance. MY CHOLESTEROL WENT BACK TO NORMAL! I AM VERY HAPPY AND THANKFUL TO THIS PRODUCT!